Oh … My … God …
“Unlock her repressed Malibu Barbie fantasies and buy her a tight tank top with FEMINIST printed on the chest.”
Just when I thought I’d seen it all … MAXIM sets out to teach men a quick, 4-step process to turn a human woman into a mere plasticine homunculus. Also, obviously incredibly transphobic as the images depict a ‘masculine-looking’ woman as BAD (regardless of whether she is a feminist or not), and says the ‘cure’ for what we are to assume is a diseased woman is for men to coerce her into acting in such a way as is deemed sufficiently approximate to the male sex-fantasy.
This is an appropriate reason to hate people.
Things I would break without hesitation:
- The author’s face
- Whoever tries it
The fuck is this?
“…into an actual girl.”
An actual girl.
An actual girl.
An actual girl.
If you are the author of this drivel and are somehow reading this, I would like you to find a cactus. Approach that cactus. Take a good, long look at that cactus, and then I would like you to fuck it.
I actually thought this was a satire until I read it. WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS? WHERE IS THE AUTHOR! I NEED TO PRACTICE MY RIGHT HOOK. Above gif expresses exactly what my head did when I read this.
I saw and reposted this. On Facebook. My feminist friends shared it, their male friends fought against it, my male friends fought against it, we discussed it back and forth, feminism won with logic. Seriously, though, this fucking article is heinous and I’m so glad it’s old. If it were from this year, I’d be raging even worse.
reblog for all the commentary above
This is nowhere near to being a serious article, holy Christ.
No wonder people don’t respect feminists. None of you are able to think.
You’d be surprised.
By what? The seriousness of the article or feminists’ ability to think?
“Tell her she looks great - but try to avoid phrases like ‘bodacious ta-tas’.”
Ooo, that’s some industrial-strength patriarchy right there. This article is quite obviously to be followed to the letter and wasn’t written as a source of humour.
Because it’s written by Maxim (Link Here:http://www.maxim.com/) as “The Ultimate Guys Guide”
That, is why I don’t think this is a joke.
Firstly, Maxim isn’t exactly the classiest of magazines. Secondly, this is the sort of humour you would call ‘tongue in cheek’. I can see why that sort of humour might normally fly over someone’s head, but it seems a bit too obvious in this article to me.
Watch out, Maxim, some of us like to disguise ourselves as human beings. Good luck.
- islandlolita reblogged this from isaia
- genetic-fault reblogged this from tolstoy-killjoy
- evanyell reblogged this from evalefae and added:
- evalefae reblogged this from metadreaming
- somewhat-ethereal reblogged this from agoodflyting
- agoodflyting reblogged this from sexistads
- found-on-the-internet reblogged this from merryandpepegrin
- merryandpepegrin reblogged this from sexistads and added:
- chickpeasftw reblogged this from socialnotpoeticjustice and added:
- magentavagenda reblogged this from beautilation
- apostrophetothefishbowl reblogged this from sexistads and added:
- onlineyoutubedownloader likes this
- steppy reblogged this from seejengfrau and added:
- whispered-the-dove reblogged this from seejengfrau
- seejengfrau reblogged this from sexistads
- greyfowlgraces likes this
- coyotestuck reblogged this from princelytreasures
- hide-me-from-the-light reblogged this from lucienovie-thelastlappytop and added:
- deviouslycaffeinated reblogged this from lokilokinightfever
- the-book-of-what reblogged this from sircuddlebuns
- asexual-nutsack reblogged this from sircuddlebuns
- nancywhatinthebutt reblogged this from potential-and-difference
- lokilokinightfever reblogged this from sircuddlebuns
- sircuddlebuns likes this
- sircuddlebuns reblogged this from reallifewhatsthat
- princelytreasures likes this
- sewonandsewforth likes this
- existentialismandhumanemotions likes this
- reallifewhatsthat reblogged this from francis-bonnefoy-kirkland
- survivethejive likes this
- missscorpiorising likes this
- bashi-bazouk reblogged this from sewonandsewforth and added:
- bashi-bazouk likes this
- sewonandsewforth reblogged this from iconstantlythankgodfortaylor and added:
- lollipopsox reblogged this from princelytreasures
- potential-and-difference reblogged this from industrialpet and added:
- industrialpet reblogged this from iconstantlythankgodfortaylor and added:
- iconstantlythankgodfortaylor reblogged this from princelytreasures
- devilmaycryhomo reblogged this from princelytreasures and added:
- black-and-white-re-runs reblogged this from truebeautypsycho
- truebeautypsycho reblogged this from disloyalglacies
- igavesti-imelik likes this
- reallifewhatsthat likes this
- ukfr likes this
- francis-bonnefoy-kirkland reblogged this from nekochicana
- nekochicana reblogged this from platoandaplatypus
- platoandaplatypus reblogged this from selfihateyouithink and added: